Monday, June 15, 2009

Raising the Roof

I blinked and almost missed it... I went to the build site today, and the crane was there lifting the roofs onto the houses. How Cool!


These volunteers have worked rediculously hard getting the house ready for this moment. They knew the crane was coming for 1pm today, and they made sure all the walls were up and ready by the time the crane got there! The first section of the roof took a little longer to get straight and secure down, but then they got the hang of it, and put the last three sections on the houses in less than a half an hour!


It's pretty surreal to see the house come together so quickly, I still don't think I fully realize that we'll be living in a house in just over a month. I'm one of those people that don't get excited over
something until the time has come. Just so you know what i'm talking about... I'm in a rock band, and all the other guys in our band get pumped up for a gig a few days before, where I don't get excited about the show until i'm in the venue, setting up. I think i'll really understand whats happening here, and really get excited once we start doing all the little stuff inside the house. Or maybe it won't be until we start moving stuff into the house. Not sure...


I took a ton of pictures today at the site, unfortunatley they're all the exact same angle because I was in my wheelchair... have I mentioned lately that Staph infections suck?


Time for electrical and pluming! :)












2 comments:

  1. Yay! That means they can build even when it rains! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which was MUCH needed today!!! Thank God they got the waterproofing on the roof before it started to pour! :)

    ReplyDelete