Tuesday, June 23, 2009

House - Check!

Scott Golden = Slacker

Things have happened soooo quickly, and I've failed to update my blog regularly like I said I would. Unfortunately I have no pictures for you right now, which is kinda the reason why I haven't written! Helina's had the camera at the build site every day, and then I don't think of writing at night when the camera is home. So I hope to take the pictures off the camera tonight and i'll post them up tomorrow! deal?! DEAL!

So we, pretty much, have a house.

  • Roof = Done
  • Plumbing = Done
  • Electrical = Done
  • Insulation = Done
  • Drywall = Done
  • Taping and Mudding = Done
  • Siding = Done
  • Brickwork on the Front = Done
  • Front Porch = Being Done Today
  • Painting = Being Done Today
Tell me thats not rediculous! Things have happened so quickly! and now If you look at the outside of the house, it really looks like a completely finished house!

Today, they are just finishing the front porch, which is a LOT smaller than we were told it would be, which is a little disappointing. we were told we'd have an outdoor seating area, either in the front or the back. but the back just has stairs going to the ground, and the front has just a front landing about 4 feet wide. Kinda disappointing, but i'm not going to loose sleep over it.

Inside, they are painting, and installing the kitchen cabinets. We chose an off white for the walls (we only get to choose one colour). We chose an of white because we want to do decals in the boys rooms, and a white would be the best background for that. We have plans to repaint in different colours, but since we could only choose one, we chose one that could be painted over easily. The kitchen cabinets are white as well, they have a wood grain to them. I haven't seen them yet, but Helina likes the look of them.

Tomorrow we paint some more, and finish that up, and then Thursday the flooring starts going in. It's less than a week until the dedication (on this Saturday) and everything's going swimmingly!

i'll post pictures soon! I promise! :)

2 comments:

  1. Off white/ antique white comes from a national donor that's why there's little choice. We have already purchased paint to begin covering that up. I have been living in antiquw white for the past six years and I am so happy to say that we can paint over it where as we couldn't before.

    Dedication! That was fast! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete