Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ballroom Blitz!!!



So as I sit here, high as a kite on pain meds, my wife just got home from the build today.  I'm super disappointed that I wasn't able to be there today, and even more disappointed that i'll probably be out of commission for the whole build.


but I digress...


I went to the build site today to see the progress (don't tell my doctor...shhhh), i was blown away about how much was done!  
these people ROCK!  I have to say, i'm quite inspired by the volunteers at the site... when I went to the site, I didn't know anyone there, it's just amazing that people will volunteer thier time for a family they don't even know.  

In one day,  they got the bottom floor COMPLETELY done, and the subfloors for the upper floor. They said that by Monday afternoon, the roof will be on and secured.  How rediculous is that?! 

I'm really glad my mother-in-law is down for a couple weeks from PEI.  It will be nice to not have to worry about the boys when i'm all doped up on pain pills for my leg.  It also gives Helina a little bit of sanity to have her mommy down.

i'll be updating more often now that the blitz is on. There will be so much happening every day! CAN'T WAIT! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good for you! They are now working on our foundation. We expect to be framing Sept. 21st. I'm happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete